What we are, what we do (short version)
- We are a charitable foundation and our earliest records date from c1620. We have historic assets which fund most of our work.
- We exist for the 'relief of poverty' in Lambeth. We do this by making grants both directly to individuals and to organisations for the work they do with individuals.
- We mostly focus on those under 30 years of age (there are exceptions).
- What we fund has a purpose: to improve the whole-life prospects of our grantees.
- We don't give hand-outs but hand-ups. We tackle poverty by creating opportunity.
Images supplied by projects we have funded: Action Tutor, Oval Learning Cluster residential, Ripe Enterprises