- At least £39 million has been cut from council youth service budgets across London
- Overall, there has been a 44 per cent youth service budget cut, with the average council taking £1.5 million out of youth services over this time
- Across 25 councils with like-for-like data, 81 youth centres and major council-supported youth projects have been cut
- Across 22 councils with like-for-like data, 800 youth service full-time posts have gone. At least a further £1.2 million is being cut from 15 councils in 2018/19 budgets
- Since 2011, the cumulative amount not spent on services for young people in London is now more than £145m
The briefing shows these figures for Lambeth (the area we serve) -
Change in funding youth services 2011/12-2018/18 -£2,499,000, a reduction ob this period of 53%
These reductions - part of the wider, severe cuts to public spending - have had a major impact on a range of provision that offered support and engagement to young people. The long term costs of this are likely to be significant.